I met God the other day,
In a vision of a land far far away.
We were taking a stroll in a garden,
a place where beauty never hardens.
I said to Lord, “Will you please take me up before the end of May”
“So that I wouldn’t haven’t to live for another day.”
He looked at me with his passionate eyes
“My dear why do you want to die?”
I plucked up the courage to reply
“The world is full of pain and sorrow.” ”It might be better if I’m gone,” I sigh
God lifted up his head and laughed gently
“Child, everyone’s life is a long winding path, with ups and downs and many steep bends.”
“ But you haven’t reached the hardest part yet,” “Why give up now?”
The almighty looked back at me again, And in a soothing voice he said.
“No matter what I’ve always been there,”
“My hand, holding yours and guiding you through.
I may seem far, things may go wrong.”
But I’ll always be there for you.
I promise.